- 1/4 Medium onion
- 1 Large Carrot
- 2 Stalks Celery
- 1 package Lit'l Smokies® Smoked Sausage, diagonally cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dark Brown Sugar
- 6 slices Cheddar Cheese
- 6 Brioche or Hamburger Buns
- Cut onion, carrot and celery into equal size pieces and pulse in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and cook smoked sausage until brown. Add the onion, carrot and celery and cook until veggies are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar and cook for 6 - 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon filling onto buns with cheese, and serve.