Chipotle and Chili-Lime Smoked Sausage Pasta Bake
Penne pasta enrobed in a smoky chipotle pepper cream sauce studded with slices of irresistible Tajin sausage, pan-roasted corn and red bell pepper for the perfect family dinner. Finished with a sprinkle of pepper jack cheese and baked to golden brown perfection.
- 3 cups Tajín® Chili Lime Smoked Sausage
- 1 pound Penne Pasta
- 2 cups Corn Kernels, thawed
- 2 cups Red Bell Pepper, seeds removed, medium dice
- 1/2 cup Pepper Jack Cheese, shredded
- 2 15 oz. jar Alfredo Sauce, prepared
- 1/4 cup Chipotle peppers in Adobo
- Cook penne pasta al dente according to the instructions on the box.
- Heat a medium sized skillet over medium-high heat and sauté sausage for 2 minutes or until sausage begins to turn brown.
- Add in corn kernels and red pepper. Sauté until red pepper is slightly soft. Remove from heat.
- To make chipotle cream sauce, add alfredo sauce and chipotle peppers to a blender. Puree until well combined and smooth.
- Combine penne pasta with chipotle cream sauce, sautéed vegetables and sausage.
- Add pasta to a baking dish and bake in an oven set to 375°F for 4 minutes or until the pasta is hot and cheese is melted and golden brown.