- 1 package Smoked Sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (15.5 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2-3 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Hot cooked long grain white rice
- 1 Optional: chopped parsley
- Cut sausage into ½” slices. Heat a 5 to 6-quart pan over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add sausage, onion, green pepper, celery and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in kidney beans, chicken broth, oregano, thyme and bay leaf. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and cook 12-15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add hot sauce to taste.
- Remove bay leaf and serve over hot cooked rice. Sprinkle with chopped parsley if desired.