- 1 package 1 (12-ounce) Smoked Sausage
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked mostaccioli noodles
- 3 cups small fresh broccoli pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Cut sausage into ½” slices; set aside. Cook pasta in a large pan of boiling water according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add sausage and broccoli; cook, stirring frequently 4-5 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Add red pepper flakes if desired; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Gently toss together cooked pasta, sausage mixture, cheese and whipping cream in a large serving bowl.