Sausage Links with Sweet Potato Hash
Prepare this sweet and savory hash complete with sweet potato, green pepper and Hillshire Farm® Link Sausage.
- 1 package Hillshire Farm® Link Sausage
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into chunks
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into half moons
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté sweet potatoes about 8-10 minutes. Then add 1/4 cup of water, cover and cook an additional 5 minutes until tender. Remove sweet potatoes from skillet and set aside. Add the other 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sauté onion, green pepper, smoked paprika, thyme, kosher salt and pepper, cooking for about 4 minutes until crisp and tender. Add the cooked sweet potatoes back into the hash mixture and set aside.
- Heat the sausage in the same skillet about 5 minutes. Serve warm over sweet potato hash.