- 1 package Smoked Sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 can (15 ounces) black-eyed peas or pigeon peas, drained
- 1 can (8.75 ounces) whole kernel yellow corn, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons Sauzon seasoning*
- 1 tablespoon Sofrito*
- 3 cups water
- Cut sausage into ½” cubes. Heat a 4-6 quart non-stick pan over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add sausage, onion, green pepper, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally 3-4 minutes or until sausage is lightly browned.
- Add all remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook 20 minutes or until water is absorbed. Let stand 5 minutes, covered. Stir gently and serve.