- 1 package Polska Kielbasa
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups drained sauerkraut
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Optional ingredient: dried thyme
- 2 McIntosh apples, skins on, cored and cut into thin wedges
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Cut each sausage into 4 equal lengths, then cut each section lengthwise, but not all the way through, so sausage lies flat. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat until hot. Cook sausages 4 minutes per side or until lightly browned. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Lightly toss sauerkraut, brown sugar, Dijon mustard and thyme (if desired) to combine. Fold in apple slices; pour into same skillet and top with sausage.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes over medium heat or until apples are tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.