- 1 package Smoked Sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups lightly crushed tortilla chips, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 3/4 cup sliced ripe black olives, divided
- Optional Toppings: shredded lettuce, sour cream, chopped tomato
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut sausage into 1/4" slices. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add sausage and onion; cook, stirring frequently for 3-4 minutes or until sausage is lightly browned. Add tomato sauce, oregano and kidney beans. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and cook 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Place 2 cups of crushed tortilla chips in bottom of a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese and ½ cup of olives over chips. Pour sausage mixture over top; spread evenly. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of chips and 1 cup of cheese.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is lightly browned. Cut into squares and sprinkle with remaining olives and optional toppings if desired.