- 1 package Lit'l Smokies® Smoked Sausage
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (thawed according to package directions)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- Prepare the pyramid. Preheat oven to 400°F. Open Lit’l Smokies® and drain off any liquid.
- Ready the king’s linens. Unfold the thawed pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Cut pastry into 20 strips. Cut each strip in half, forming 40 strips total.
- Make sure he’s comfortable. Twist a strip of pastry around each Lit’l Smokie®, stretching dough slightly to look like bandages. Leave a small space of sausage exposed for the king’s face. Press to seal. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Cover the king in gold. Combine egg and water then brush over puff pastry.
- Let him rest. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
- Prepare Pig Tut to be viewed by his people. Use mustard to create eyes on each Lit’l Smokie®.