- 4 soft French Rolls
- 1 package (9 oz., evenly divided) Ultra Thin Sliced Roast Beef
- 2 yellow onions, sliced
- 5 slices of Swiss cheese
- Black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons canola oil for frying
- 1 quart beef broth
- 2 tablespoons sherry or red wine vinegar
- Heat a large skillet or frying pan on medium-high heat with canola oil and add in sliced onions. Cook for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add sherry or red wine vinegar once the onions start to darken and move them to one side of the pan.
- In the same pan, add the full amount of Hillshire Farm Ultra Thinly Sliced Roast Beef on the other side of the caramelized onions and cook for 2-3 minutes until the beef is hot to the touch. Next, cover the beef with Swiss cheese and continue to cook in the pan until the cheese just starts to melt.
- Split the French rolls and toast in the pan with the onions and roast beef.
- Place the warm roasted beef and melted cheese inside the toasted French roll and generously top it with the onions.
- Quickly deglaze the pan with beef stock and pour into a small bowl for dipping.