- 1 package Smoked Sausage
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices rye bread
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut each sausage into 4 equal lengths, then cut each section lengthwise, but not all the way through, so sausage lies flat.
- Combine sauerkraut and mayonnaise in small bowl.
- Spread ¼ of sauerkraut mixture on each slice of bread. Lay split sausage on sauerkraut and top with a cheese slice.
- Place prepared sandwiches on baking sheet and bake 12-15 minutes or until sausage is hot and cheese is lightly browned. Serve open-face.