- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, 1/2 inch minced
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1 package Smoked Sausage
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 package Fresh Cheese Tortellini
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese - optional
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic in oil until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and smoked sausage and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, broth, tortellini, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently for 5 minutes, then stir in spinach and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, if desired.