- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package Chicken Hardwood Smoked Sausage
- 1 package (6.8 ounces) Chicken Rice
- 1 medium Vidalia or other sweet onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1/2 cup green olives, halved
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in large 4-5 quart pan over medium-high heat; add sausage, rice, onion and peppers. Cook and stir until sausage is lightly browned and vegetables are soft.
- Stir in 2 cups water and seasoning packet; bring to a boil over high heat. Cover; reduce heat to low. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in peas Cover; simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in olives and salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.