- 1 package Hot & Spicy Italian Style
- 1 package (8 ounces) yellow rice (about 4 cups cooked)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 large Vidalia or other sweet onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Cut sausage in ½” cubes; set aside. Prepare rice according to package directions; keep warm.
- Melt butter in a 4-5 quart pan over medium-high heat; add sausage, onions and peppers. Cook, stirring frequently 5-6 minutes or until sausage is lightly browned and vegetables are soft. Add peas and cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally until peas are hot.
- Gently stir in cooked rice and ground black pepper; heat through. Add salt to taste.