These smoked sausage kabobs combine sweet treats of pineapple, jam and apples with the savory flavors of Hillshire Farm® Beef Smoked Sausage Links.
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup raspberry jelly or seedless raspberry jam
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 green or red cooking apple (such as Granny Smith)
- 1. Cut sweet potatoes into 1-1/2-inch pieces. Place sweet potatoes and water in an 8 x 8-inch microwave-safe casserole dish. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine raspberry jelly, lime juice, nutmeg, and allspice in a small bowl; stir until smooth. Preheat broiler. Lightly grease the rack of a broiler pan; set aside. Cut kielbasa into 16 chunks. Alternately thread kielbasa and sweet potatoes onto 8 skewers. Cut apple into 8 wedges; add an apple wedge to end of each skewer.
- 3. Place on prepared broiler pan. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat for 10 minutes, turning and brushing with jelly mixture after 5 minutes. (Or grill the kabobs on an uncovered grill directly over medium coals* for 10 minutes, turning and brushing with jelly mixture after 5 minutes.)
- 4. To serve, pass remaining jelly mixture with kabobs. *Note: The coals are medium when you can hold your hand over the heat at food height for 4 seconds before having to pull away.