- 1 package Chicken Hardwood Smoked Sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 whole wheat pita bread rounds (without pockets)
- 4 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded low fat Italian cheese blend
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut sausages into 1/2-inch pieces. Combine olive oil and vinegar in a small bowl.
- 2. Spread each pita bread with olive oil mixture; top with tomatoes, sausage, cheese and basil.
- 3. Place on a baking sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and sausage is hot.