- 1 package Beef Smoked Sausage
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 large potatoes, baked *
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1½ cup (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut sausage into ½" cubes. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat; add sausage, green pepper and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop potato out of each half, leaving a ¼" thick shell. Combine potato pulp, sour cream, milk, salt and black pepper in large bowl, mashing until smooth. Stir in sausage mixture, cheese and chives. Spoon mashed potato mixture into potato shells.
- Place filled potato shells on large baking pan. Bake 30 minutes or until tops are lightly browned and filling is hot.