- 1 package Smoked Sausage
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups milk
- 1 (15.25 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups cubed potatoes, cooked, drained
- Chopped parsley, shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Cut sausage into 1/2”cubes; set aside
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 4 minutes or until tender. Add flour, salt and pepper; cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Add milk. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Add corn and sausage; return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in potatoes; heat through. Top each serving with parsley and cheese, if desired.
- Variation: Substitute 1 pkg. Hillshire Farm® Hardwood Chicken Smoked Sausage for Smoked Sausage, ¼ cup canola oil for butter and 4 cups skim milk for milk.