- 1 package Turkey Smoked Sausage
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 cup chopped shallots
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into ½” pieces
- 8 cups chopped fresh turnip greens
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel yellow corn
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed, drained
- 8 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¾ cup uncooked orzo pasta
- Cut sausage into ¼” slices. Melt butter in 5-6 quart pan or stockpot over medium-high heat. Cook sausage, shallots and red bell pepper, stirring occasionally until sausage is lightly browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add turnip greens and cook, stirring gently until greens wilt, about 3 minutes. Stir in corn, beans, vegetable broth and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in orzo pasta. Return soup to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook 30 minutes