- 1 14-ounce package Smoked Sausage, bias-sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot or onion
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 pound Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 of a medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a large skillet, cook and stir sausage slices over medium heat about 5 minutes or until browned. Set aside to cool slightly.
- For the vinaigrette, in a small bowl combine cider vinegar, shallot, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil and beat until combined.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked sausage, Brussels sprouts, red onion, walnuts, and dried cranberries. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Gently toss.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill up to 4 hours.