- 2 packages Hot Smoked Sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 8 8 long Italian style rolls or brat buns
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut each sausage in 4 equal lengths, then cut each section lengthwise, but not all the way through, so sausage lies flat. Heat a large non-stick skillet on medium for 3 minutes. Cook sausages 4 minutes per side or until lightly browned. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add onions to drippings in pan and cook, stirring frequently for 3 minutes or until softened. Increase heat to medium-high and add corn, sugar, cumin and salt. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently until corn is hot. Add cream cheese and milk; stir until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat and stir in parsley.
- Open each roll and brush cut sides with butter then sprinkle with garlic powder. Place rolls open face on baking sheet; bake 7-10 minutes or until light brown and crispy.
- Place cooked sausage on toasted rolls. Top each sausage with a generous ¼ cup of corn mixture. Sprinkle each sandwich with ¼ cup shredded cheese. Return to oven and bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.