- 4 soft Italian or French Baguettes (Cuban bread preferred)
- 1 package (11 oz., evenly divided) Premium Carved Slow Roasted Seasoned Ham
- 8 dill pickle slices (preferably “never heated” pickles), with extra for the side
- 4 tablespoons sliced pickled yellow peppers
- 8 slices of Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup of yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Split the Italian or French Baguette down the side cutting all the way through. Spread yellow mustard on the bottom. Divide the package of Hillshire Farm Premium Carved Slow Roasted Ham and evenly layer the ham, Swiss cheese slices, sliced pickles, and sliced pickled yellow peppers. Cover with the top of the bread and gently press down.
- Using a large skillet or frying pan, heat one tablespoon of butter. Brush some of the melted butter over the top of the sandwich and place it into the pan (a panini press can also be used). If you’re unable to fit the sandwich in the pan, slice in half and then place in pan. To help sear the sandwich, place another hot skillet on top and gently press down for another 5 minutes. Once the cheese melts, remove from pan, slice and serve with a side of pickles.