- 1 package Lit'l Smokies® Smoked Sausage
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1-2 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- Hot cooked white rice
- Open package of Lit’l Smokies® and drain off any liquid; set aside. Cook bacon in large skillet according to package directions until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet and place on paper towels to cool.
- Add onion and green pepper to drippings in skillet; cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in pineapple juice, ketchup and hot pepper sauce to taste. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and cook 10 minutes. Crumble bacon and stir into sausage mixture. Serve over hot cooked rice.