- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 package Lit'l Smokies® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/4 inch wide, half moons
- 1 Medium Onion, 1/2 inch diced
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon White Wine Vinegar
- 2 cups Orzo Pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 3/4 cup Marinara Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 6 Bell Peppers
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add smoked sausage, onion, garlic and Italian seasoning and cook for 6-9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and smoked sausage is brown. Stir in white wine vinegar, cooked orzo, salt, pepper and ¼ cup mozzarella; remove from heat and set aside.
- Mix together the marinara sauce and cinnamon and stir ¼ cup of the sauce into the skillet. Spoon remaining sauce into the bottom of a 9x9-inch baking dish.
- Cut the tops off of the peppers, remove the seeds, stuff them with the orzo-smoked sausage mixture and place in baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and bake until heated through, 25 minutes.