- 1 package Smoked Sausage
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup matchstick cut zucchini
- 1/2 cup matchstick cut carrots
- 1/2 cup matchstick cut red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup heavy cream or half-and-half
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese plus additional for serving
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Cut sausage into ¼“ slices; set aside. Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally 3-4 minutes or until onion is tender. Increase heat to medium-high; add sausage, zucchini, carrots and red pepper. Cook, stirring frequently 5-6 minutes or until carrots are crisp tender.
- Stir in peas and cream; cook 1-2 minutes, or until heated through, but do not boil. Stir in Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and ground black pepper. Toss with drained fettuccine. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.