- 1 package Smoked Sausage, diagonally cut into ¼ inch slices
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Medium Onion, 1/2 inch diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, 1/2 inch diced
- 2 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can Black Beans, drained
- 1 cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 Box Corn Muffin Mix, prepared as directed on box
- 1 Jalapeno, minced
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat a 10" oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat and add smoked sausage, cook until browned. Add garlic, onion and bell pepper and cook until vegetables are soft, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, salt, tomatoes with their juice and beans. Cook for 3 - 5 minutes, until mixture starts to bubble. Turn off heat and stir in cheese.
- Mix jalapeno into the prepared corn muffin mix. Spread corn muffin batter over the mixture and bake until golden brown and cooked through, 20 - 25 minutes.