- 1 package Smoked Sausage
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 tart apples, peeled, cored and cut into ½” wedges
- 1 Vidalia or other sweet onion, sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and cut into ½” strips
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into ½” strips
- ½ teaspoon coarsely cracked black pepper
- 6 long French sandwich rolls
- Prepared mustard—any type
- Cut sausage on an angle into ½” slices. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Cook sausage 1-2 minutes per side or until lightly browned; remove from skillet.
- Melt butter in skillet. Add apples, onion, green and red peppers. Cook, stirring occasionally until peppers are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Return sausage to pan and heat through. Top with cracked black pepper. Serve in rolls with mustard if desired.