- 1 package Chicken Smoked Sausage Basil Pesto
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked penne
- 4 fresh small broccoli florets
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 package (7 ounces) refrigerated basil pesto
- 1 package (5 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 green onions, sliced
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Cut sausage into ½” cubes; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions. During the last 4 minutes of cooking, add broccoli to water. When penne and broccoli are tender, drain; keep warm.
- Heat a 4-6 quart pan over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add sausage and onion to pan; cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally until sausage is browned and onion is tender.
- Add hot sauce, cooked penne and broccoli. Toss gently over medium heat for 1 minute. Stir in pesto, Gorgonzola and green onions; heat through. Add salt and pepper to taste.