- 1 medium spaghetti squash, halved and seeded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 14-ounce package Smoked Sausage
- 1 red sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup pre-made basil pesto
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. With a fork, pierce squash halves several times. Rub the inside of the halves with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- On a foil-lined, rimmed baking sheet, arrange squash, flesh side down. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until very tender. Cool slightly. Shred insides with a fork; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Cook and stir sausage, red pepper, and onion 6 to 8 minutes or until sausage is browned and pepper and onion are crisp-tender.
- Add spaghetti squash to skillet and cook and stir until heated through.
- Just before serving, carefully stir in pesto, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.