- 1 package Smoked Sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (19 ounces) mild enchilada sauce, divided
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Optional Toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut sausage into ½” cubes. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add sausage and onion; cook 3-4 minutes or until sausage is lightly browned and onion is tender. Stir in ½ cup of enchilada sauce; remove from heat.
- Lightly spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Spread ½ cup of enchilada sauce in bottom of pan. Heat corn tortillas according to package directions; keep warm.
- Place approximately ¼ cup sausage mixture on warm tortilla. Top with 1 tablespoon cheese. Roll up enchilada and place seam side down in prepared pan. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes or until sauce is bubbling and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. If desired, top each serving with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and sour cream.