- 1 package Smoked Sausage
- 1 1/2 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach (about 6 cups)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Cut smoked sausage into ½” cubes; set aside. Combine rice, broth and water in medium saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Heat a 4 -5 quart pan over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add sausage and onion; cook, stirring occasionally 3-4 minutes or until onion is tender and sausage is lightly browned. Add mushrooms, garlic and oregano; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low; stir in lemon juice.
- Gently fold in cooked rice, spinach, feta cheese and pepper. Toss lightly for 1-2 minutes or until spinach is wilted.