- 1 package Smoked Sausage
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- ½ cup (2 ounces) shredded Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup julienne-cut sun dried tomatoes *
- ½ cup boiling water
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked bow tie (farfalle) pasta
- 2 cups frozen baby lima beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Cut sausage in ½" cubes; set aside. Pour boiling water over tomatoes; let stand 20 minutes. Cook pasta in a large pan of boiling water for 2 minutes; add lima beans and cook 8 minutes longer or until pasta is tender. Drain and keep warm.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot; add sausage and onion. Cook, stirring frequently for 4 minutes or until sausage is lightly browned and onion is tender. Add garlic and red pepper flakes; cook stirring constantly 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and soaking liquid, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Toss pasta and lima beans with sausage mixture and parsley. Top with shredded cheese.