- 1 package Hot Smoked Sausage
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni (about 8 ounces)
- 1 bar (8 ounces) sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 bar (8 ounces) Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut sausage into ½” cubes. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add sausage to skillet and cook, stirring frequently for 3-4 minutes or until sausage is lightly browned. Remove sausage from skillet; keep warm.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain, rinse and keep warm.
- Shred both types of cheese and toss together in a bowl. Remove ½ cup of cheese for topping and set aside. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Stir in combined cheeses and heavy cream; stir constantly until cheese melts and sauce is smooth.
- Stir in sausage and cooked macaroni. Pour mixture into a greased 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle reserved ½ cup of cheese over top. Bake 20-25 minutes or until edges are bubbling.