- 1 package Cheddarwurst® Smoked Sausage
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 tart apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2" wedges
- 1 Vidalia or other sweet onion, sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1/2" strips
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1/2" strips
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely cracked black pepper
- Hot cooked Rice
- 1. Cut sausage on an angle into ½” slices. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Cook sausage 1-2 minutes per side or until lightly browned; remove from skillet.
- 2. Melt butter in skillet. Add apples, onion, green and red peppers. Cook, stirring occasionally until peppers are soft, about 10 minutes.
- 3. Return sausage to pan and heat through. Top with cracked black pepper. Serve over hot cooked rice.